Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Seminar class

In this class, some students registered to hear and evaluate the presentation. Some other registered to give a talk.
I have never registered to talk. A PhD student must give the talk two times; and attend to hear and evaluate 3 times. This is my 3rd semester, and I registered to hear 3 times already.
I find it fun and useful when hearing someone talk about his topic. You can learn new things, or at least try to challenge yourself hearing some accents that may not be a real English.
I'd love to giving the comments on the talk. And almost all the time, my comments are right. I can confirm that when looking at the way my Prof listening to my comment and nodding repeatly out of satisfaction. (There was a time when I gave a very negative feedback to a Chinese guy, and I had to send him an email for apology :D)
Today seminar was very interesting. It's about the anti-cancer effect of a kind of fungus named "winter worm and summer grass". In winter, this fungus has a shape of a worm 'cause it infects the worm and utilizes the worm's nutrient until the worm dies. Then in the summer, its has the shape like a kind of grass.
The speaker, a Chinese girl, has a very beautiful and good accent.
But the most happy thing is the way my Prof listened and agreed with my questions and comments. I like the way he looks at me ... So encouraging.... And I'm sure that he will be eager (and also curious) to see me giving the talk sometimes .... Someone who gives that kind of comments ... What will she do on her own presentation .... Hopefully, I will do a good job !
.....
I love this class ....!!!

No comments: